Thought I would start tonight with a catch up on some of the things that have come out of the craft room lately. Actually reading that it sounds like all my crafting takes place in a nice confined and dedicated space, in reality I have stuff in various stages of development strewn all over the house, but hey whatever works right?
First up is this wee baby doll dress that I made for a baby shower I went to recently. Knowing the baby was a wee girl and getting some guides to colors from the mum-to-be this is what I came up with.
Kaia Babydoll by the very talented Rachel Evans. I am particularly pleased that I knitted this completely from stash using cleckheaton country 12ply for the bodice and Skeinz random print for the skirt. The actual pattern has a lace border on the skirt but I thought that might be a bit lost in the yarn so I opted to add a frill instead. On the whole this was a quick knit and I am really pleased with how it turned out. I knitted the 3m size and as the baby only arrived last week I am guessing I will be waiting a while for modeled pics ;-)
Next there was the hat as requested by Mr A. After the complete debacle of the "red jeans" which he has refused to wear since their completion, I was in two minds how much say to give him in this one. But since he had requested a hat I thought I would give him a chance. Letting him loose in my yarn stash proved dangerous and he changed his mind on yarn choice 3 times before settling on a lovely skein of Knitsch sock yarn in Polly which I received as part of the first Knitsch Yarn Club. With yarn in hand I found a pattern and cast on before he had a chance to change his mind again. Here is the result. A Swirl Hat, I did the children's size, in red and blue. I love how the yarn has striped and Mr A seems pleased with it, although to be honest I am not sure if he has actually worn it yet.
At about this time and feeling very pleased with myself I got a severe case of cast-on-itis and started 4 different projects within about a week. These are now all close to completion so I will hopefully update with those soon.
I have also been forced to dust off the sewing machine recently. My baby girl, Miss M, starts daycare tomorrow so I used this as a good incentive to finally get some of the lovely girly nappy fabrics I had stashed away made up. We are very lucky that our daycare is fully supportive of using cloth and I love seeing her colorful bright nap pies sitting among the rows of sposies :-)
Here is the result of a few evenings work, all made to my own nappy pattern and a mix of poly print PUL, cotton print PUL and minky.
And finally after spending a good many hours searching the house for the wet bag we used for Mr A at daycare I gave up and made a new one. I've had this cotton in stash since Mr A was tiny with the vision of making a wet bag so better late than never. Super quick simple large zippered pouch, lined with PUL and big enough to take 6-8 nappies.
So that's it for now, til next time...............