Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FO: Paige Babydoll

I am way behind again in my updating here and have a few FO to catch up on, with a couple more just off the needles.  I thought I would start with the outfit that I made for Miss M for her birthday.  Yes somehow a whole year has gone past and my baby is one (but that's a whole other blog post, esp during Blogtober ;-) ).

So Part one of Miss M's birthday outfit is this very cute (if I do say so myself) baby doll top/dress.  I absolutely adore this and will DEFINITELY be making more for Miss M in the future.
The pattern is the Paige Babydoll by Rachel Evans.  There are variations in the pattern for a full skirt or A-lined skirt with cables, which of course I had to do with my current addiction to all things cabled.
This is a lovely simple knit, a very well written and clear pattern to follow, not to mention just adorable.  The yarn I chose for this project is 100Purewool in colourway Quebracho and I had green trim to match.  When I ordered the yarn I think I had the paler green in mind for the trim because I'm really not a green person and I wasn't too sure of the bright green to be honest.  Now that it is all together thought I think the bright green breaks it nicely and is a bit of a change for us.  This yarn is lovely and soft and knitted up really nicely.  I got this 12m size baby doll out of one 100g skein of colourway and just knitted until I ran out of yarn, which coincidently was pretty much bang on the pattern length.
Here are a couple of modeled pics :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fellow Blogtober-er and have dropped in to say hellO That's a very sweet little outfit you've knitted.

    ReplyDelete