Thursday, April 26, 2012

FO: Cape Palliser Cardy

First of the catch up crafting posts.  This is a lovely quick knit that I did for ME!!  Yes I stopped knitting for the kids long enough to make something for me for a change and I am so pleased with the end result.
The pattern is the Lighthouse Keepers Wife by Melissa Schaschwary and the yarn is Cascade Eco.
There are so many things I loved about this pattern as soon as I saw it and I have been wanting to knit it for a long time.  So when we were heading away on holiday and I knew I would need some mindless knitting it seemed like the perfect project.  I opted for the short sleeved version for autumn and I have already had a lot of wear out of it.  I made the size small but I did add a few extra raglan increases to increase the armhole depth or it would have been a little tight under the arms.  I also just kept knitting until I ran out of yarn so it is slightly longer than the pattern specifies.  Which brings me to another point, this would have to be one of the best value adult knits ever, completed with hood from a single skein of yarn.  Okay they are 250g skeins but still a very cheap cardy.  Also knitted on 9mm needles it is done in no time :-)
Although I have worn this a lot I don't really have any decent modeled pics so here are a few that Mr A snapped when it was first finished, excuse the terrible posture.
A final note on the name of this project.  I called this Cape Palliser as I knitted this while on holiday with Granny and Papa to Martinborough where we visited the Cape Palliser Lighthouse :-)


1 comment:

  1. Very cool Alison..I love that you have made something for yourself & especially made it while staying at Cape Palliser..I have fond memories of the Cape (MMMmmmmm lots of Paua fresh from the sea being one of them)
    As you say, 250 gms of wool is awesome for an adult knit well done on finding that pattern..I may have to borrow it one day ..well aftre july maybe hehe I may be over knitting babay things by the time our new grandie arrives!

    ReplyDelete