Saturday, April 28, 2012

FO Lavender Honey

The most recent thing off my needles here was a gorgeous wee cardy for Miss M which I completed as part of a mystery KAL (knit-a-long).  So what is a mystery KAL?  Well you sign up to get sent a portion of the pattern at regular intervals and complete the project having no real idea what you are going to end up with.  Okay so that is a little overdramatic since I knew I would end up with a cardy for Miss M but other than that it is a bit of a blank slate.  I guess this kind of knitting is a bit risky, I mean what if you hate the end result.  Well actually in this case it wasn't really risky at all as the KAL was being run by Elena Nodel and I don't think there is a single design of hers that I don't either love or adore.  I have no idea how Elena does it but all her designs are very unique and truly adorable as well as functional.
The patterns this time around is called My Honey and is designed for DK weight yarn.  Once again I wanted to knit from stash and I also wanted to be sure I had plenty of yarn so I didn't run the risk of running out before the end, so I chose to knit this in Bella Baby Layette which is a bamboo wool mix and has a fantastic sheen, drape and stitch definition.
To give you an idea of how the mystery KAL works here is my project after clue 1.
And here it is finished.
And a close up of some of the details.  I love the lace yoke.....
...and the delicate puffed sleeves make this so girly.
And to finish some (not particularly good) modeled pics.  I really need to get better photos of Miss M wearing this as the weather was rubbish when I tried to take these so could only get inside shots.
I finished this off with some gorgeous hand crafted buttons I had in stash from Buttons by Benji.  Very pleased with the overall result.

1 comment:

  1. I adore Elena's patterns too but my daughter now thinks she is too old for them. At least I have a god-daughter to knit for. Your honey cardigan turned out just adorable.

    ReplyDelete