Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Toys

Amongst all the birthday party preps and chaos we have had lately I have got a new toy to play with.  Actually it has been a case of out with the old and in with the new and Mum and I swapped sewing machines.
For many years now this trusty Globe, which Mum bought when I was a baby, has been my workhorse sewing machine.  While it has had a few quirks in it's time I have loved this machine and it certainly did everything I ever needed it to do.
A while ago Mum decided that since she isn't doing anywhere near as much sewing now we should swap machines, she gets back her Globe and I get her flash bang Bernina.  Although I was sad to see this old faithful machine go I can't deny that I have been very excited about getting my hands on this baby.
I did have a few teething problems and I am still getting used to it but I am rapidly falling in love with this new toy and I'm hoping I can find the time to really get the best use out of it.  It almost seems a bit wasted on me really since I don't quilt and it comes with a walking foot and stitch regulator and everything.  I have also seen that you can get an embroidery attachment for it which sounds pretty tempting depending on the price :-)  For now though I am loving it for sewing things for the kids, more on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment