Thursday, March 21, 2013

FO: The Razor Cami (Finally)

One of the things I LOVE about Ravelry, and there are many, is the forums.  It is nice to be able to chat to people in different groups with similar interests.  One of the groups I am a member of is the one from my fab LYS Holland Road Yarn Company.  This year they have been running a bit of a crafting challenge called "Focus on Finishing", a challenge to pick up those long lost and forgotten WIPs (works in progress) and actually finish them.
As a person who often has severe startitis which results in multiple projects on the go at any one time, it isn't uncommon for me to have a few projects languishing unloved at the bottom of my knitting bag.  This is one such project.  It is actually the first project that I cast on in 2010!  Yes you read that right 2010!  It should have been a quick wee project and if I aded up all the knitting time it probably was, the thing was that I started knitting it and then I found out I was pregnant with Miss M.  Between completely losing my knitting mojo for the first few months, the great satisfaction of making teeny tiny baby things, and the realisation that this wouldn't fit me for ages anyway, it was soon shelved.  Last summer I got it out, finished knitting the body then got scared that I was going to run out of yarn for the straps so again put it aside.  This time round it finally got finished (and for anyone interested I had quite a bit of yarn left over.
So the vital statistics of this project are that the pattern is Razor Cami and the yarn is a merino silk blend from GrrrlShaped yarns (which is no longer in existence) in colour way Theresa.  The lace pattern is really easy to remember and the pattern itself is well written.  No complaints at all :-)
Pics:

Once again the pics I have of me wearing this are completely rubbish.  I will try and get better ones next time I wear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment