So here's the general idea
* Forget to cut the skirt out on the fold so had to get more fabric so I didn't have to have big joins front and back of the skirt (about now I should have started to think twice about continuing, but did I... NO).
* Sewing the underneath romper part I put the elastic on the wrong side, unpicked it and sewed it again on both legs only to find out that it was right the first time and have to unpick it ALL again and redo it (time to stop sewing for the day you might think? Well if I had half a brain yes, but I soldiered on!)
* Time to attach the skirt to the bodice and although it worked I'm sure I did it in the most difficult way possible.
* The end is in sight. Miss M is awake but happily playing so "I'll just quickly sew the romper on and it will be done" - NOT! Somehow I managed to attach the romper not only inside out but back to front, and I overlocked it before I realised. Queue throwing the dress in the corner, turning off the machine and going in search of chocolate.
Anywho after that somewhat embarrassing array of errors I got back to this today and here is the final result.
And thankfully for my sanity and that of all those around me it fits with room to grow :-)
So after this sewing debacle you may think I will pack up the machine for a while but no. Look what arrived in my letter box last week.
My new ottobre mag and some yummy Michael Miller cord earmarked for a winter pinafore for Miss M. I need to make a new nappy stash for Miss M as well so there will be more sewing posts over the next wee while.