This project started with seeing a cute wee top in Pumpkin Patch one day with a handkerchief hemline and flutter sleeves. It also had a picture on the front that I wasn't keen on so I decided to try and hunt out a pattern and make my own. After much searching I came across Banyan Tee by Figgy's patterns, not only was this pattern exactly what I wanted but it also had a boys version on the same pattern - bonus I can use one pattern for both kids, that doesn't happen very often! And what is more it introduced me to the gorgeous patterns by Figgy (one or two more may have fallen into my cart when I bought this one).
Having sourced the pattern I just had to find fabric. Keeping with my theme of sewing from stash I went down to the garage to look through the boxes (yes boxes) of knit fabrics. Amongst the first box I found this gorgeous almost coraly pink (although it doesn't look it in the photo) broderie anglaise style knit. Fabric chosen!