Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FO: Trousers for Miss M

Recently I had the opportunity to test a new pattern for trousers/leggings specifically developed to fit over cloth bums!  Since I was just starting to think about some sewing for Miss M to cover autumn/winter I snapped up the chance and here are the results.
First of all I LOVE this pattern.  It is super quick and easy, I whipped these up in about 20 mins including the cutting out, and the fit is fantastic on my wee one.  I did a size 72cm and Miss M is only about 68cm long so although they are a fantastic fit in the rise they are a bit long in the leg still on her, but hey that just means they will last through winter ;-)  As the pattern was developed for a fabric with 2-way stretch I chose a pink and white pinstripe cotton lycra for my prototype pair.

I was so happy with these that I just had to whip up another pair.  This time I used some merino I had in stash and as it was only really a one-way stretch I added about 1cm to the rise to give plenty of coverage over the nappy.  The results...
This pair do seem to cling a bit more around her nappy but I think that is really just down to the fabric choice.  This pattern will definitely be my "go to" pattern for trousers for her for this winter.  I'll be sure to blog more about it upon it's release :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment