This wee outfit is something that I have had in the making since I received the knit fabric in a destash many months ago. Before christmas I went and bought some drill from Spotlight and the idea of the coordinating pinafore and shorts was born.
I used the same A-line pinafore pattern by Carla C as I did for the Cat in the Hat dress but this time I lined it with a lightweight knit (because that was the only thing I had to hand that went with the other fabrics in any way shape or form) and added the flower appliqués to match the shorts. I was originally only going to put one or two flowers on until 'Daddy' suggested they should go all the way around the bottom and this proved by far the most time consuming part of the whole set.
The shorts were adapted from the Unisex Leggings pattern by Darncat I made the 6m size for Miss M as I wanted them fitted and just cut the length to suit. This is a fabulous quick pattern, I whipped the shorts up in about 15 mins from start to finish :-)
Unfortunately Miss M saw her new outfit first thing in the morning and she had it on before I had a chance to get any decent photos of it so only modeled pics this time round. At least I know she likes it though.
I am still loving these wee dresses/tops and I can see a lot more in Miss M's wardrobe in the future. The possibilities are endless.