Months ago I bought some lovely knit interlock with monster trucks on it to make Mr A a t-shirt just like one he had spotted in Ottobre 3/2011. I blogged very excitedly when it arrived and am ashamed to say that even to this day it is still in the package it arrived in, oops bad Mummy. I am pleased to say though that said t-shirt is now one step closer. Because the fabric wasn't cheap, and I more than likely only have enough for one attempt, I decided to make a trial run of the pattern first to check for sizing etc and I am pleased I did. Going by Mr A's measurements I chose to make him a size 98cm with 110cm length, he is pretty tall and slim. The pattern I used was ottobre 3/2011, number 24, Slim Fit T-Shirt.
My first mistake was not reading the instructions properly when cutting out the top and adding a seam allowance to the bound neck edge which meant when I sewed on the binding there was no way it was ever going to fit over Mr A's head in a million years. Oops, lesson learnt (well theoretically), do not cut out in a rush of excitement late at night. Once I had cut down the neck and rebound it the rest of the top went together really smoothly.
Here is the result:
|Excuse the goofy face and pose I interrupted some|
important lego making to take this photo.