Wednesday, October 22, 2014

KCW Day 3: Kitten Top

When DD saw this fabric she nearly flipped, I don't think I've ever seen her so excited over fabric (unlike me).  It reminds me of the kittens you used to find in Little Golden Books, and I found one here called "The Wait-for-me Kitten" that we have read many times.
The pattern is the Banyan Tee by Figgy's patterns (I love Figgy's patterns and have a couple of others to make up too), which I actually made in the January KCW in a pink broiderie anglaise knit here.

This time around I went for a size 4-5 and the fit is perfect :-)



There is a slight design feature on the neckband because I added the neckband in the round and it was slightly too long.  A couple of wee tucks which are hardly noticeable and it's good as new.
Apparently when you are wearing kittens you need to practise your ballet....
....and every performance ends with a bow!


2 comments: