Saturday, November 8, 2014

FO: Jemma Cowl

Last month (I think) the fabulous Hannah of Red Riding Hood Yarns had a knit-a-long on ravelry.  I was in a bit of a knitting funk and may have had one or two skeins of RRHY tucked away so I dragged one out and got to knitting.
The yarn I chose was this one that I actually blogged about here.
This is a super scrummy merino/cashmere/nylon yarn and I think at the moment, maybe with the exception of merino silk, this is my favourite yarn base.  It is lovely and soft to knit up and when you wear it, it feels like a light fluffy hug.  
I knew I wanted to make it into something for me, that wasn't socks, so I started trawling ravelry for 4ply cowl patterns and found the Jemma Cowl.  This is a lovely simple lace cowl with a picot edge top and bottom and it's shaped simply by changing needle sizes, so no increasing or decreasing required.  
I'm in love with how this knitted up and can see it getting a lot of wear.


 And a wee monkey stole it to take some photos ;-)
I think my two favourite things about this pattern are it's simplicity and the finished shape, it sits so nicely on.  I would really recommend it to anyone looking for a 4ply cowl pattern with a touch of lace :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment