Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FO: Winter Explorer

During all the mayhem that was April and birthday time I decided in my ultimate wisdom that it would be nice to make something for Mr A for his birthday.  Yes call me crazy but in my defence this was before things started going pear shaped and turning truly chaotic.
Anyway I had some gorgeous 100purewool worsted weight yarn tucked away and earmarked for a new vest for him as he had well and truly outgrown his old one and so that's what I decided on.  OK so it didn't quite get finished in time for his birthday but  nearly got there and it was done before the end of April :-)


The pattern I used was the Explorer Vest, which is a fabulous top-down seamless vest pattern and the fit is fantastic, I will certainly be knitting more of these in years to come.  I did the 3T size for Mr A and although I usually have to add length in the body for him I didn't bother this time round and the fit is perfect.  The yarn as mentioned in 100purewool 3ply worsted in colourway Winter Joy, with grey trim.  This used about 1.5 skeins of the min colour and 0.5 skeins of the trim.
Please excuse the desperate need for a haircut.
I am really pleased with this wee vest and Mr A loves it so you can't ask for more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment