Sunday, February 3, 2013

FO Christmas Sewing

Last year I actually got around to doing some sewing before christmas.  I made a couple of gifts as well something each for the kids.
First I made a dress for our baby niece in the UK.  I never know what to get wee babies for christmas so I thought clothes would always come in handy.  I have had the image of this wee dress in my head for ages (was originally going to make it for Miss M), and I was pleased to have the excuse to make it.  I used the Carla C A-Line dress pattern which is my "go to" pinafore pattern these days.  Made in a medium weight denim with red polka dot cotton lining, edged with ric-rac from Mum's stash and with a flower applique.  I was really pleased with the result but unfortunately didn't get any decent daylight photos before it headed off in the post.



For Mr A I finally got around to making up his monster truck t-shirt.  I must have had this material sitting in stash for about a year so I thought it was about time I got brave enough to cut into it (it wasn't cheap).  I used the t-shirt pattern (number 24) from ottobre 3/2011 and as it is such a slim fit pattern I made a straight size 110 instead of a smaller size with added length.  This went together really well and I was even pleased with how the binding went on.  Mr A loves it, yay!



Finally Miss M got a wee peasant dress/tunic.  This was a bit of an improvised pattern, a mix of a couple of different ones that I found online.  I made it as long as the small piece of the owl fabric I had allowed.  The only thing I'm not too happy with is that I think the neck elastic is a bit tight.  Yes I know this is really easy to fix, but I also know I will probably never get around to fixing it ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment