Friday, February 8, 2013

FO PJs for me

Yes you read that correctly I actually made something for me for a change.  The story goes something like this.  I bought some gorgeous fabric with a print of Venice on it last year with no idea what I would make from it.  Then a couple of weeks ago I realised I needed more summer pj's and couldn't really justify going to buy them with a house full of fabric.  I had a look through my few issues of Ottobre Women and found a pattern and then checked and I had just enough of the gorgeous venice fabric, woohoo.
So with nothing to lose (apart form fabric I loved) I embarked on a new sewing mission.  I made a size 34 of the pj's in otto 5/2011 (patterns #1 and 2) and I am really pleased with the finish and the fit.
Although these are made from cotton and not a knit fabric they are really comfy.  I somehow managed to cut the upper bodice back piece out upside down which is kind of annoying but never mind.  I also had to juggle the fabric a bit to get the shorts out and could only match the print on either the front or back.  I thought I had matched the front but it was actually the back but again it's not the end of the world.  One wee feature I do really like of the pattern is the use of scolloped underwear elastic as an edging, quick and easy and gives a nice finish.
So there we go, all up to date for now, but with the chaos of term time work/school/daycare routine I fear the crafting with slow down a lot over the next few weeks.


  1. They're lovely! I might have to make myself some, I probably have that issue of Ottobre here somewhere.

    1. I can definitely recommend the pattern Rachelle, I will be using it again at some stage no doubt.