Sunday, January 26, 2014

FO: Stripwork Skirt

Recently I was very lucky to be chosen to test a lovely new sewing pattern from Little Kiwis Closet.  This is a gorgeous wee pattern with lots of different options available, add to that the possibilities of different fabric combos and the options are endless.
I chose to do the basic skirt using three different offcuts of fabric I had on hand (I'm trying to sew from stash this year as much as possible).  I made a size 3 for Miss M and the fit is perfect.
As well as the option shown there is a version with pleats instead of gathers and you can add a bottom band, do a standard hem, or the bias binding hem which I chose.  I haven't done a bias hem before and I found the tutorial instructions clear and easy to follow.  Even doing this for the first time I would say I got this skirt done from cutting to finished in under 2h, and would be quicker next time.  Basically if you are looking for a good versatile skirt pattern in a good range of sizes (nb-12y) then give the Stripwork Skirt a go.
Here are a few modeled pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment