Saturday, October 4, 2014

FO: Petra Dress/Top

I was very lucky to get the opportunity to test the new Petra Dress/top pattern from Gracious Threads.

This pattern is fabulous because it is quick and easy to sew up but the result is something pretty special.  I'm a complete sucker for knit patterns, I think they are really comfortable and easy to wear and I love sewing up knit fabrics.  In this case there is the added bonus of 'twirl', what more could a girl want.  This pattern incorporated both a long sleeved top with soft puffed sleeves or the dress version which I made.

I used some gorgeous euro cotton/elastane from Janeas World that I've had in stash for ages waiting for the perfect project, and I teamed it up with some matching aqua jersey I had in stash.  I opted to make a straight size 4 since we are heading into summer (supposedly) and I wanted it to fit next winter, but I probably could have easily made a size 3 with 4 length.
 And on the girl herself.




 Check out that twirl, it's a 6-gore, full circle skirt!


I found this pattern really easy to print and piece together and the tutorial is so easy to follow, plus it takes you through the neck binding step-by-step if you are feeling a little intimidated by that.  Miss M loves her new dress so I'd say it's a winner all round.


1 comment:

  1. I love how twirly this dress is. Great job on a gorgeous dress

    ReplyDelete